- Art in Our Library
- Book Clubs
- Borrow from Another Library
- Curbside Holds Pickup
- Databases and Online Resources
- Equipment Checkout
- Exam Proctoring
- For Teachers
- Meeting Room Rentals
- Mobile Printing
- Notary Public
- Passport Services
- Public Computers
- Scanning & Copying
- Service Status Dashboard
- Study Rooms
- Suggest a Program
- Suggest a Title
- Local History
- About Us
About Human Resources
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The Human Resources Department's most important objective is to hire and retain excellent employees throughout the organization. To do this, the Department reviews the District's salary and benefits plan for competitiveness, provides a variety of opportunities to encourage professional growth, conducts on-the-job safety training, provides information for supervisory and other management training programs and workshops, and provides employment-related services to the District's employees.
The key Human Resources functions include:
- ADMINISTRATION: Provides professional and technical assistance to District departments in all areas of personnel and employee relations issues.
- EMPLOYEE RECRUITMENT, RETENTION AND SELECTION: Recruits, and selects staff consistent with organizational needs.
- EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION & CLASSIFICATION: Administers the District's compensation program and maintains an updated classification system.
- EMPLOYEE EVALUATION: Maintains the performance appraisal system to maximize productivity and employee development.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Administers the District's Equal Employment Opportunity Policy to ensure fair employment practices.
- EMPLOYEE TRAINING:In conjunction with the District's departments, develops employee training programs and administers tuition reimbursement for employees.
- EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:Administers employee insurance and District benefit programs, disability benefits and leaves, employment physicals and drug testing programs.
- WORKERS' COMPENSATION PROGRAM:Administers the Workers' Compensation benefits program for job-related injuries, conducts ergonomic assessments, and coordinates Americans with Disabilities (ADA) and related disability management programs.
- INJURY AND ILLNESS PREVENTION PROGRAM (IIPP) AND SAFETY PROGRAM: Develops, implements and coordinates safety and training activities designed to reduce or prevent workplace injuries.
Medical Examination, Background Check, and Legal Right to Work Information: If a job offer is made, you will be required to:
- pass a post-offer medical examination
- pass a background check (consisting of inquiries into the applicant's criminal, employment, driving record, credit history (depending on position), education and civil records); and,
- submit verification of your legal right to work in the United States.
All employment offers are subject to the results of satisfactory completion of the medical examination, background check and proof of eligibility to work in this country.