- Local History
- About Us
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
You are invited to explore the Palos Verdes Library District's fast Internet network using your own wireless-enabled device. Complimentary access is provided at all PVLD locations.
How To Connect
Connect to the pvldwifi hotspot and you will be online.
- Forget the pvldwifi hotspot in your settings. Follow the "How To Connect" section above.
- If step 1 above doesn't work, restart your device and retry step 1.
- If step 2 above doesn't work, verify you meet the hardware and software requirements below.
- Any portable PC, notebook computer, netbook, tablet, pocket PC, phone, PDA or gaming device that is Wifi enabled.
- Your device must have an 802.11a, 802.11g, or 802.11n based Ethernet device installed.
- Set your device to obtain an IP address automatically and obtain addresses automatically from a server (DHCP). Leave all other fields blank. Restart the laptop for the changes to take effect. Here is how to configure these settings for Windows and MacOS.
Limitations and Disclaimers
- The Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent from or to your device can be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software, within three hundred feet.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library's network.
- If you are unable to connect and have a library card, you can use your library card barcode to access a public computer with internet access.
- If you are unable to connect and do not have a library card, the Reference Desk can create a guest pass for a public computer with internet access.