- Local History
- About Us
Jobs - Frequently Asked Questions
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
1. Where do I begin?
Everything starts at the Career Opportunities page where you will find links to job opportunities. Remember to keep a record of your username and password once you have set up an account. You will need it to apply for other positions or to check the status of your application and when you re-enter the system, you will need to input this information exactly as it was originally entered.
2. Why does PVLD use an online application system?
This system allows us to offer increased service and information. Candidates interested in employment opportunities with the District have the opportunity to utilize this system to submit their application materials.
Benefits for applicants include:
- Online completion and submission of job applications
- Application completion at your convenience. You will shorten the time it takes to complete your application if you gather this information before beginning the online process.
- Automatic Receipts – instantly on screen and by e-mail - each time you apply
- Increased information – Ability to receive updates on your application status
3. How do I find out what jobs are available?
A list of available positions can be viewed 24 hours a day; 7 days a week from any computer with Internet access. Visit the Career Opportunities page.
4. An email address is required. How do I get an email address?
If you do not already have an email address, free email is available through a number of providers. Though we cannot endorse any particular vendor, you may want to visit these sites for more information: Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, or AOL Mail.
5. What information will I be asked to provide?
You will be asked to provide personal information such as name, address, phone number, etc. You will also be asked to provide information about your education, employment history, and references. You will shorten the time it takes to complete your application if you gather this information before beginning the online process.
6. How do I check the status of my application?
Check your email for status notices. If you are no longer being considered for a position, a notice will be sent to the email address you used on your application. If you are selected for an interview or an offer of employment, you will be contacted by email or phone.
7. What if I want to submit a resume?
You may either attach or cut and paste a resume into your application. Please note that submitting a resume does not substitute for completing the application form.
8. Who will see my application if I use the online process?
All information is on a secure web server. Only the Human Resources Department will have access. The Palos Verdes Library District does not share its database with other companies or localities.
9. Can I apply for more than one job at a time?
Yes. Once you have completed your online application, you can apply for multiple positions that are currently open.
10. I missed the deadline - can I still apply?
As with any position, once a closing date has passed, no application will be accepted or considered. Please continue to visit the website and apply for new jobs as they become available.
11. Do I have to fill out an application?
Everyone who applies for a position is required to create an application, which includes certain information. Required information is denoted with an asterisk (*). The more information you provide, the easier it will be to effectively evaluate your skills, abilities and qualifications. Incomplete applications may be rejected so please be thorough.
12. Can I apply by sending my resume via e-mail?
Paper applications and resumes will not be accepted by fax, e-mail or postal service.
13. Will I automatically be considered for other positions if I previously submitted an application?
You must submit a separate application for all positions you are interested in.
14. How and when can I update my application?
Changes can be made to your application at anytime before it is submitted. Once you submit an application for a particular position, you cannot go back and make changes to the submitted application. If you make changes and submit another application before the position closes, we will only consider your most recent application. You may also make changes before submitting your application for any new positions.
15. What if I am interested in a position that is not currently on the library job list?
Continue to check the Career Opportunities page. All open positions will be listed on this page.