Jack's Korean Steamed Eggs
Jack Kim shares this old family recipe and says, "Whether eating gyeranjjim (계란찜) à la carte or not, at home or in a restaurant, it never fails to put a smile on my face. Growing up in a Korean household, this was always one of my favorite dishes to make with my mom as a young child. She eventually taught me how to make it, and I hope one day to pass down our interpretation of the classic dish to my own kids."
1. Bring 1 to 1 1/2 cups stock (any type is fine, my favorite is beef) to a boil in an earthenware pot (뚝배기).
2. Beat 3-4 eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt, 2 tsp mirin, and 1 tsp fish sauce.
3. Add egg mixture to boiling stock and stir for 5-10 seconds.
4. Cover with lid and let sit on medium heat for around 5 minutes or until egg is set at the top.
5. Garnish with scallions or anything you please and enjoy!