Item request has been placed!
Item request cannot be made.
Maria shares "a variation of the rice pudding my grandmother used to make for me. Still delicious and easy to make. You can even eat it as breakfast.
Also, this recipe is egg-free." She started with this Tyler Florence recipe.
3 cups rice
3 cups milk
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
zest of 1 lemon, grated
1 tablespoon cinnamon
can add raisins or chopped walnuts, if desired
1. Cook the rice, then add milk, sugar, and butter. Stir well
2. Add the vanilla extract, stir again
3. Cook for another 25 minutes over low heat until most ofthe liquid is absorbed
4. Mix in lemon zest and half of the cinnamon
5. Add raisins and/or chopped walnuts if desired
6. Spoon pudding into serving dishes and dust with the remaining cinnamon